multiple monitor setup

Go down

multiple monitor setup

Post  mchesler on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:50 pm

Our project was to set up multiple monitors on one pc. Some problems we had to deal with were finding video cards that would work, and that the motherboard would recognize. We just had to try putting different video cards into the pci slots and attaching different monitors, then going into the display control panel and seeing which one the computer recognizes that we could get working, then going into the device manager and trying to figure out which video cards it wasn't recognizing, or was having problems with. I wasn't here the third day we worked on it, but apparently some crazy problem happened that made it so we couldn't make the video anyways.

I'm guessing that the reason for us doing this project was the fact that we'd be learning how to teach ourselves how to do something with a computer and get some experience on finding things out on our own, but then we'd also /kind of/ be teaching it to someone, which is a good way to learn something.

I guess that from this activity, I learned that there's always the factor of other people doing things to what you're working on that can mess up what you're doing... and that if you just look hard enough, while you probably can't figure out how to do anything, you can learn how to do a lot of things. Then make a tutorial and put it on youtube to spread the love.

I'm thinking that my problem solving skills could either be at the same level as they were when we started this, or maybe a little better. The only problem we came across that took some solving skills was trying to find video cards that would work, and seeing whether or not the computer will even recognize a vid card, and trying to download the drivers... so yeah.

mchesler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reee

Post  jdeleon061 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:17 pm

I cant really relate to the exact same problems you had but i know i had similar problems on the command prompt just with not being able to achieve the ultimate goal. I agree that this project was set up for us to use our analytical thinking skills and using our resources to achieve our goal. I also agree that the purpose of this too is to also teach people how to do something with a computer. My skills also are the same didnt really change. The only skill that i had changed was learning new tricks in the command prompt.

jdeleon061

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum